Hello sweet friends!
This month's tea & talk is here and I am so excited to have the lovely Sue Hammond here with us today! Perhaps you are already familiar with Sue's photography? Or perhaps you remember falling in love with this photograph? Wouldn't you like to learn a little bit more about Sue and the things she loves? Me too! Got your cup o' comfort? Are you comfy? Great! Sue?....
1. 3 living things you treasure
~my lovely family
~my dear friends
2. 3 non-living things that you treasure
~my pretty, shiny iMac computer
~my Moleskine notebook
3. favorite time of the year and why
~I prefer cooler weather and I love it when I can feel the seasons changing and the air become cool and crisp
4. favorite things to wear
~jeans, stripey socks, ice breaker long sleeve T
5. are you a perfume wearer ? If yes, which one? / top 3 favorite smells
~ 3 favourite smells –
freshly ground coffee, new books, wood smoke on cold winter air
6. favorite animal
~ golden retriever
7. top three events in your life(so far)
~having a photo of mine used on the cover of my favourite magazine
~walking the Milford Track in New Zealand
~becoming an aunty
8. top three favorite small pleasures
~cups of tea
~free time to do happy things
~driving along an open road, heading to the country or the beach
9. top 3 favorite places in the world( you have visited or would like to visit)
~New Zealand – South Island
~any isolated and empty beach
10. top 3 favorite sounds
~rain on my tin roof
~wind in the trees
11. top 3 favorite things to eat
~cheese and bikkies
~freshly made gnocchi
12. 3 favorite favorites right now! (from etsy or elsewhere)
~Pebbles series of artwork by Fiona Watson
13. 3 small ways someone has made your day lately
~rowena collecting pebbles and urchins to bring back for me while she was on holidays on the other side of the world
~kind person letting me in line in front of them at the supermarket yesterday
~having my age guessed this week as several years younger than it actually is
14. 3 small habits/quirks you have that make you specifically you!
~a great fondness for perfect little pebbles and shells and assorted other treasures
~frequently carrying around a largish red camera bag
~almost compulsive use of Artline black fineliner pens for writing
15.-Describe your life using 6 words maximum (for each time frame).
PAST: formative but not predictive
PRESENT: hopeful, happy, fortunate, grateful
FUTURE: full of possibility
16. You are truly passionate about indie and handmade goods, tell us how that interest was formed:
~ I have always loved to see what people can dream up and create. The internet makes it so easy to see so many different people’s creative endeavours – it’s fantastic!
17. favorite books, films, and music... list 3 of your favorites in each category here:
~The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life (Thomas Moore)
~Stardust (Neil Gaiman)
~Eat Pray Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
~Stranger than Fiction
Soundtrack - East of Everything
18 .Name 3 words that you can't stand,
~ greed, consumerism, hate
and 3 that you love:
~beauty, simplicity, dignity
19. What are a few of the goals you have for your future and how do you plan on making them a reality?
~more time for doing the things I love – making photos and beautiful things
~dropping back from full time work, giving more time to creative endeavours, setting personal projects
20. What is the best piece of advice you've ever heard?
21. what is your favorite quote and why?
Sooo many – it’s hard to choose!
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it” Roald Dahl
why? because it reminds me to look for the special things
Sue, it is such an honor to have you here and an absolute pleasure! Thank you so much for sharing a little tea with us and letting us get to know you a little bit better. I will be daydreaming about those last two images(make that three...the ladybug one too) for days! Have a wonderful day friends and I will see you back here tomorrow with a brand new "the little things". Until then.....be well.
ps wonderful blank card graphic is from here :)