hello sweet ones,
look, everyone has an idea of who they think they are. and maybe it differs from who the rest of the world sees. you can't really know the later...usually. you can only go along based on who you think you are & try to be true to that. no apologies. no masks. at least, that is how i feel. i have an almost obsessive need to be "what you see is what you get" no tricks up my sleeve, no smoke & mirrors. of course that can't be completely true, no matter how hard i do try. i know my sarcasm, goofiness, flakiness, laziness, swear like a sailor-ness, don't always come through on this page. sometimes i am mean & sometimes i am just flat out irresponsible. but, mostly i just feel like this guy below.
not totally sure what i am doing, bright orange beak, happy & a tiny bit scared
often feel like my tongue is hanging out and i don't know it....
- love a bit of luxury & nice things but, often feel like a big dork (not that mastiffs are big dorks....ok, they are a bit & i adore them for it...we had a few growing up & they are just big love-mush-pots)
- like to make people laugh & feel happy to be around me (otherwise i miss out on all the little pleasures of life, and know how restorative laughter can be) i probably think i am funnier than i actually am. also, always a little worried my hair is doing something like this little guy's and i am completely unaware ( again)
- often very afraid and shy (though i am gregarious and friendly so, no one is any the wiser) ;)
- often feel small and unsure but, muddle through anyway cause i don't want to miss any of the fun
- love "love" and hope that i love the ones that matter most to me exactly the way they need to be loved. ( i am the one on the right, by the way)
- sometimes feel left at the bottom of the stairs but, trusting that eventually i will make it back up them
but, mostly....I just feel like this guy. just happy to be here. probably wearing the wrong shirt but, really.....who cares? :)
* all of these sweethearts & their credits can be found via my pinterest page here
have a great weekend my sweet friends. whatever you have planned, I hope it is wonderfully restorative & joy inducing. I will see you back here on monday...ok? until then, be well.
oh, and just before you go....
- i love that marie claire has this column,( big girl in a skinny world) i think there should be a LOT more like it
- this little 7 year old could teach a whole lot of the world, a whole lot about love, tolerance & kindness
- i have a confession, i got this bag ( i couldn't stand the taunting anymore....from the bag, i mean.) and i love it... terribly
- oh! and you must see P's beautiful photos & hilarious & touching story ( all from her trip to Mali) here